8/30/2013

Birks are back

Yes, you read that right, birks are back.  These comfy go-tos of hippies everywhere are now cool with the fashion crowd.  They are popping up everywhere from streetstyle photos to editorials and on feet usually only seen in 6 inch heels (Vogue even wrote a post about them here).  We all know that Phoebe Philo may be partially responsible for this trend after debuting her fur-lined versions at Celine's S/S 13 show (seen here).

It's not a huge surprise to see the sandal making a comeback as we are seeing so much 90's inspiration in fashion right now.  I definitely remember wearing a suede forest green pair with some marled workmen socks back in my junior high / high school years & my feet were never happier :)  Looks like I might have to dig out that pair I have hiding in my closet!

Had to throw in this image of a young Kate Moss rocking some birks :)

Photos via here, here & here

No comments:

Post a Comment