8/09/2013

GOALS

 

I've been thinking a lot about goals lately; all the things I have been wanting to do but can't seem to get started or finished.  
You see, I've been in a bit of a rut and have been for awhile now.  I keep trying to find my way out but I kind of feel like I'm in quicksand, the more I try to change things, the more stuck I get.  I just find myself getting overwhelmed by all the things I want to do, things I haven't done.  I mean it's not like I never check anything off my list, it's just that I get frustrated because I want to do it all.  I want quick results!  Show me the money!  I really need to learn not to stress myself with "I want/need/should be doing this, this, this, this, this & this!"  I need to find that balance of doing the things I love in my spare time and having those days when I do nothing (and not feel guilty about it).  
This is where goal setting comes in.  I think it's a positive thing to set some goals.  Write them out, set some dates of when I would like to achieve them by and scratch them off the list one by one. (I love making lists!)  I know that I won't necessarily accomplish everything on "the list" and that's ok.  Some things will be easier than others and part of what I'm trying to teach myself is that it's better to fail than not to try at all.  
I've had a lot of changes in my life lately and it feels like things are definitely still shifting, it feels like good time to make some of the changes I've actually been wanting to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment